As you are all probably painfully aware our region is back at COVID Alert Level 2 with no change to conditions around social distancing and gatherings.
Unfortunately this means we are unable to continue with our Last Chance Club Day as we still face challenges around the caravan, the weigh station and in particular prize giving. While this is really disappointing the weather forecast is rubbish as well.
There was agreement at the AGM that if this day was cancelled it would not be rolled over again. This has left prize money in the club account that would normally have been distributed back to members and the community so in the spirit of being part of the community the committee have agreed to make a donation to Life Flight Trust.
Our next club day is scheduled for 19 September and there is no surety the COVID situation will be any different although there seem to be variations around conditions as the situation develops. The committee will be brainstorming ideas on how we can work with the current and any future variations. If you have any thoughts please put them forward. The door is open to all constructive conversation.
In the meantime hang in there, keep the bait fresh and build up the ice reserves. Fishing/boating can still take place but gatherings are difficult. Our previous contact tracing and sanitising regimes are reinstated so please ensure the register is completed etc.